One Bar-B-Qube Replaces up to 8 wood Chunks! “Qubes” Reduce Waste, Produce Award Winning BBQ, Cost Less, Burn Cleaner, and Are Simple to Use!
Mojobricks qubes when used properly will produce virtually no heat and lots of clean smoke for mouth watering smoke flavor!
When working with Mojobricks “Bar-B-Qubes” follow this step by step guide in gettting the wood started in your gas grill;
1. place the Bar-B-Qube on a rail and turn on the flame. Adjust the “qube” so that
one edge is exposed to the flame. Keep fingers away from the Qube when the wood is being lit.
2. The “Qube” is lit and ready to be moved away from the flame.
Keep the flame end down allowing the wood to burn extremely slow.
The Wood will burn like a fuse and produce consistent burn time as well as consistent results. Mojobricks “QUBES” are dense, compressed, premium all natural wood fibers that produce motuh watering smoke flavor.
3. place the “QUBE” away from the flame and also away from any grease or drippings. You can also set it on the grill grate, at the same level of the meat.
It is important to try to keep drippings from reaching the wood qube. It is ok if drippings hit the wood but if you can avoid it you will get tastier results.
Once the qube is lit you have 2 options.
1. leave the qube stationary during the cook. Do not remove it.
2. allow the qube to light and allow it to burn for a few minutes. Remove the qube from NEAR the burner and place it anywhere that will not be in contact with drippings. The best place is on the grill in a back corner away from the food and drippings. Let it burn while you cook. If the food is not going to produce many drippings place the qube under or close to it. Do not place the qube directly under the food that produces lots of grease as this may cause a grease fire. Close the lid of your grill to allow the smoke flavor to circulate.
We have been experimenting with foil.- you can wrap 3/4 of a qube in foil and expose the open end to the heat of the burning gas. This does two things: protects the wood from drippings and slows the burn.
RECOMMENDED QUBES FOR GAS
Grilling ( high heat short cook times)
Mojobricks Mini-Qubes- which come in 2 different sized packs – Mini-pack or Jumbo Pack sizes:
The qubes do vary in size and each bag holds a similar sized wood per species and is measured by volume.
FOR LOW AND SLOW ON YOUR GAS GRILL – BAR-B-QUBES MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR YOUR GAS GRILL
ONE BAR-B-QUBE REPLACES 6 TO 8 WOOD CHUNKS.
USE A QUBE WITH
Charcoal or Lump Charcoal
Bar-B-Qubes replace 8 wood chunks. ONE MOJO-QUBE is like smoking an entire bag of wood chunks without worry of bitterness!
ALWAYS START YOUR CHARCOAL USING A CHIMNEY STARTER. ONCE THE COALS ARE POURED INTO THE CHARCOAL GRILL ADD A BAR-B-QUBE ( KEEP THE WOOD AWAY FROM DRIPPINGS IF POSSIBLE).
1ST CHOICE the BAR-B-QUBE
If you want to cook low and slow the Mojobrick qubes will get you the pure smoke flavor when you use the method of burning coals from top down. Fill a chimney with charcoal and pour it into one side of your charcoal grill add one bar-b-qube with the lit coals and add a second then a third as the hours tick by.
IN A BIG GREEN EGG or CERAMIC SMOKER
Try Mini-Qubes or Bar-B-Qubes in
A Mini-Qube can be downloaded into the ceramic cooker without the need to remove the grill grate or other interior cooking equipment. You may also find it possible to slip a bar-b-qube in from the side.
RECOMMENDED QUBE FOR PELLET GRILLING-
Pellet grills run on a low amount of electricity. The grill’s temps are easily controlled by using a fan and pellets that produce the fire and smoke. Unfortunately, the pellets usually do not create enough of a smoke profile so pellet grill users often add wood for additional smoke flavor. With Mojobricks mini-qubes, bar-b-qubes or mojo-qubes it makes it very easy to do so.
Every pellet grill has a fire pot. A fire pot is where the pellets end up as they move from a pellet hopper, through an auger and into it. Some pellet grills have a shield that protects flames from reaching up to high and this is one spot the qube can be placed. If your pellet grill does not have a shield, try setting the qube on the edge of the fire pots lid.